We are back home!

 


Our trip to Taiwan was filled with many blessings, surprises, laughter, obstacles, and countless moments of God's faithfulness. God worked in each of us on this trip, and we are so grateful for everything He has done!

This blog post contains reflections from a few members of our team. 

Jerry: One thing I learned is that God can use me as a supporter to others: give a hand to the teachers when they need help, help prepare the classroom for the classes and activities, and and help stock up water and preparing food.  A thing that I might need to learn more, what is the loving correction, specifically how to deal with children that are causing distraction or challenging teacher's role.

Shawn: Throughout the course of these past two weeks, we got to serve and love many kids who came from broken family backgrounds, with some kids being abandoned by their birth parents or being separated from their parents through death or divorce. Through hearing various stories, it was heartbreaking to realize that many of these kids did not feel loved even in their own homes. While heavy, this motivated our team to work harder to love and care for these kids. While we only had a short time with them, it was amazing to see how eager and open they were to receive not only our love but also God’s - I felt deeply moved when I sat in on the Bible classes and listened to the kids sharing their evening prayers in which they had thanked God for loving and protecting them. This trip has reinforced for me that sacrificial love is a conduit through which we can make Christ known to others, and I am eager to find ways to show love and care to those around me back home.

Qi Cheng: This short-term mission trip reminded me to depend on God's strength rather than my own. As we served the children, we were also blessed and served by the local church. It was a beautiful picture of teamwork, with everyone working together to share God's love. Seeing God's miracles strengthened my faith and reminded me that He can do far more than we can on our own.

Harry: We thank God for using our team. Although we come from different age groups and have different personalities, we have been able to serve together in unity through Christ. Seeing the children grow and change each day fills our hearts with joy. The seeds of the Gospel have been sown in their hearts, and we pray that God will continue to nurture them so they may take root, grow, and bear much fruit. All thanks be to God, and all glory belongs to the Lord

Angel: We thank the Lord for blessing every member of our team with good health. We thank God for enabling us to work together in unity and support one another. We also thank God for personally working among us and making our efforts fruitful.

Caroline: On this mission trip, I learned a lot about God’s presence and how He is so quick to hear and answer all our prayers. If we ask in His will, He hears and answers. In the midst of spiritual warfare, He is so evident and present 

Faith: I experienced God's almighty power in such a tangible way on this mission trip. Everything good that came out of this trip was because of Him—not because of our own efforts, because without Him, we are powerless. From the planning of the trip, to the people He brought onto our team, to the kids who attended VBS, and even the people we met along the way, it was all planned by God!

I was also very touched by the kids we met in Taiwan. Many of them came from difficult family backgrounds, and it was incredibly encouraging to see how God met them exactly where they were. Throughout the week, we watched Him soften their hearts, fill them with joy, and remind them that they are deeply loved and never forgotten. 

Keith: My time in Taiwan wasn’t something I expected. Before I went on this trip I felt very annoyed, about the fact that my summer was passing just so quickly. I had projects I wanted to do, new skills to learn, and a break free from stress. I started to drift further from God as I slouched in my room trying to figure out things and the future. My schedule was also filled with the South Dakota Mission trip and my in person driver’s ed. Instead of using my time to create things, I scrolled and wasted my time. I felt like I had wasted my summer relaxing instead of growing. I began to feel a lot more annoyed when I had to go out to do things instead of creating my own plans. And that’s when the Taiwan STM approached. I didn’t want to go because I thought I’d be belittled, picked on, and controlled by my team. To my surprise they treated me equally despite being like the only minor there serving. They were mostly college students and graduates, and I thought they had everything figured out. I thought that I had to be able to accomplish the goals I had set to be as successful as they were. Instead they told me that everything would be ok despite all the things I’m going through, also forgot to mention that my AP scores were released and they didn’t look the prettiest. God told me that instead of stressing over academics, I should instead focus more on his missions. God has a plan that will prosper me, and I am confident that I’ll be ok, because God is the ultimate decider in our lives and he loves us very much. And I will continue to trust in his plan in the brightest of days and darkest of nights.



Thank you so much for all of your support! We hope our trip has encouraged you and reminded you that you are God's light wherever you go. May you continue to shine His love and reflect His goodness in every place He leads you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7/3-7/5 First Weekend in Pingtung

7/6-7 Camp Kickoff!

Thanksgiving Thursday + More Photos